You have worked hard to save for retirement.
You deserve to have a good financial advisor to partner with throughout your retirement.
Below you will find some helpful information that will help you screen financial advisors.
Don't settle for an "average" advisor.
What is our definition of a “good” financial advisor for retirees?
We believe there are two key areas where advisors separate themselves from the average advisor:
- Lifetime Tax Reduction Planning: A good advisor will help you reduce your taxes throughout your lifetime, not just in the current year. They will understand your unique tax situation and develop strategies to help you save money on taxes now and in the future.
- How the advisor handles volatile markets: A good advisor has a plan. You deserve so much better than, “Just ride it out….” when the markets are volatile. You deserve a plan in place to help you weather the storm and protect your long-term financial goals.
- Do they review your tax return yearly?
- How do they manage portfolios when the market is volatile? What if the market is down 2 years in a row?
Lifetime Tax-Reduction Planning.
What is a Lifetime Tax-Reduction Plan?
Taxes are one of the largest expenses for retirees, so it’s important to find ways to minimize your tax bill. A lifetime tax-reduction plan aims to help you save thousands of dollars over the course of your retirement. At Wagon Wheel Financial, we take pride in helping our clients keep more of their hard-earned money.
We review client tax returns yearly to identify potential opportunities to save on taxes now and in the future. We work closely with many tax professionals to create a plan specifically for our clients unique situations.
I’m sure you probably agree that since taxes are such a large part of retirement planning, why don’t all firms do it? Great question! Here is what we have found:
- They are not allowed to. Some financial advisors, especially at large firms, are not allowed to review fax returns due to rules put in place by their firm.
- They don’t want to put in the extra effort. Reviewing tax returns can be time-consuming, and some advisors simply don’t want to do it.
Extra Credit: 1099 Letter
To help our clients files their taxes quickly and avoid amended returns, we send out a 1099 letter at the beginning of each year.
Tax professionals LOVE this letter and we get several calls each year from new clients’ tax professionals wishing that other advisors did this for their clients.
Sure, it takes us extra time and effort to provide this to our clients but we take pride in providing the this next-level service.
The Wagon Wheel Financial
Investing for retirement is different. There are so many factors to consider, such as your risk tolerance, retirement goals, and time horizon. You don’t want to take too much risk, but you also don’t want to invest to conservatively. If you don’t invest correctly for your specific situation then you risk not being able to sustain a 30+ year retirement. Retirement spending and inflation can really eat away at your retirement nest egg.
That’s where our “War Chest” strategy comes in. This strategy helps our clients to have a confidence when markets are volatile.
We have included an example of what a “War Chest” might look like for a couple that has $600,000 invested with us. The graphic may not mean much to you but our clients truly enjoy seeing it. They don’t have to be investment experts to understand that we have a plan for the inevitable market downturns that will take place during their lengthy retirement years.
This information is for educational purposes only, it is a snapshot of account assets as of the date of receipt. Account values may fluctuate daily, and this information should not be used as a substitute for actual account value. Wagon Wheel Financial LLC, Securities and advisory services offered through LPL Financial, a registered investment advisor Member FINRA/SIPC.
There is more....
Schedule a 15 minute phone call. Don’t worry, it’s completly free.
We want to make sure you get your questions answered and that you are prepared with the knowlege you need to make an educated and informed decision about the financial advisor you shoose to partner with throughout your retirement years.
Click below to get on the schedule.